Environmental Design Specialist | Bologna Office
1-3 years' experience / Bologna
If you want to work on amazing international and national projects, don’t hesitate to send us your application.
We are looking for a talented Environmental Design Specialist with a grounding in project analysis and vocation to develop evidence-based sustainable solutions to join our Research & Development Unit.
As an Environmental Design Specialist we expect you to have experience of environmental analysis, to be up-to-date to latest trends and tools and to be familiar with international agreements and rating schemes (e.g. LEED, WELL) and with the whole life cycle approach applied to the building sector. Furthermore, we expect you to be able to conduct research on existing and emerging environmental trends, challenges and issues and to produce captivating visual outputs and reports to explain sustainable design approach.
- MSc in Architecture/Engineering
- 1-3 years’ experience with significant sustainability content
- Ability to use 3D modelling and parametric design (Rhino, Grasshopper)
- Ability to use environmental tools (Ladybug, Honeybee, ENVI-met)
- Ability to use LCA tools (OneClick LCA)
- Ability to use Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Basic knowledge of innovative MEP systems
- Ability to apply integrated system thinking
- Flexibility and attitude to build fruitful collaboration at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of whole lifecycle carbon analysis at building and masterplan scale
- Understanding of international certification schemes (e.g., LEED, WELL, FitWel)
- Proficiency in English
- Professional accreditation for one or more certification schemes as a plus
- Ability to use BIM and parametric design (Revit and Dynamo) as a plus
- Good level in another foreign language as a plus
What we offer
- An exciting international working environment.
- A freelance contract with an appropriate salary, considering your skills and personal value to the organization.
- Training and development opportunities.
The studio based in Bologna and Milan, uses an international team of ninety architects, engineers, graphic designers, model makers and researchers. Founded in 1992 in Paris and then in 1999 in Bologna, the studio has a solid experience in design architecture that integrates environmental and energy strategies, making use of an internal R&D department, which carries on research on sustainability issues according to a holistic approach.
All projects have in common a focus on technological integration with environmental and climate strategies to create buildings that can reduce their environmental impact in view of the UN 2030 and European 2050 objectives and, contributing to mitigation and adaptation actions to impacts climate change, on the one hand, and have a positive social impact through greater public participation and sharing of urban planning and transformation processes, on the other.
MCA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treat all employees and applicants equally, regardless of gender or marital status or background, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Send your CV, portfolio and motivation letter to email@example.com specifying in the subject line of the e-mail “Environmental Design Specialist”.